Neuro Kinetic Pilates
Alejandra's education and hands-on experience, working with both children and adults of all ages and abilities--from high performance athletes to people with severe physical ailments and neurology illness-- opened her mind to the reality that she can effectively combine all the tools and information she's acquired for optimum results. Integrating all of the methods of brain and body awareness therapy that she has nurtured over the years has allowed her to develop a technique called Neuro Kinetic Pilates (NKP). NKP allows Alejandra to act as a facilitator, assisting people who want to improve their physical, cognitive, and emotional wellbeing by helping reprogram patients’ unhealthy learned patterns.
- KINESIOLOGY is helpful in analyzing alignment, muscle tension and evaluating body strength, function and range of motion in the movement.
- PILATES is a great instructional tool to control pain and build core stability, balance, endurance, flexibility, and strength. The Pilates machines are particularly useful in helping to assist with physical movement, alignment, and isolation.
- NEURO- TECHNIQUES is a neurological evaluation leading to the development of a methodology of evaluating child development, its dynamics and major disorders. The concept of the nervous system as an open system endowed with a basic, phylogenetic make-up; yet capable of receiving various stimulations that may affect the functioning of the nervous system and have an effect on its anatomical maturation. The reflex locomotion is the physical representation of the meeting of these two complementary aspects.
- BREATH CONTROL helps to sooth and revitalizes the body on a cellular and neurological level. The breathing process provides amazing interconnected benefits throughout the entire mind-body system.
- NEUROPLASTICITY is the revolutionary discovery that the brain can change itself. The term refers to changes in neural pathways and synapses that are due to changes in behavior, environment and neural processes. The role of neuroplasticity is widely recognized in healthy development, learning, memory, and recovery from brain damage and physical injury.
My goal is to clarify each of my clients’ fitness and wellness objectives and develop a plan that will ensure they reach their goals. The specialized knowledge and experience I bring to my work as well as sincere enthusiasm has allowed me to thrive doing what I am most passionate about and I’m thrilled to be able to assist others in achieving balanced and healthy mind-body connections.